Thursday 17 February 2011

Why I admire Nicole Richie


     Have you ever wanted to make a change in your life? I mean a REAL TRANSFORMATION? At times I wish that I could go back and delete some parts of my life, or simply do things differently. Of course, life doesn’t work out that way and we have to accept that the numerous mistakes which we make are lessons that we learn the hard way.
      Amongst my immediate circle of friends I have seen people who have managed to change their lives, or in essence start over again. I had a friend who was an alcoholic give up her addiction and start her own aromatherapy business. Another got out of an abusive relationship with his girlfriend and start to rebuild self-esteem in himself. He went back to studying, got a law degree and is now studying an MA in International Relations. Whilst another, left the world of crime took up meditation and got back on his feet to earn an honest living.
     In the world of celebrities such changes are usually the reverse in that girls lose themselves and turn into sex objects, or men end up turning to drugs and walking out on their marriage. However, for me a few have been great role models. One such person is Nicole Richie. Here she was, one of the It girls of California and had everything at her disposal, still that didn’t stop her from mixing with the wrong people and getting involved with drugs amongst others. However, much later she DID change and has since got married, had kids, has a successful business and so forth. She did this all under the gaze of the camera, she’s had people been ruthless and cutting about her and yet she manages to retain her dignity and self-pride throughout. She is now a positive, optimistic woman who is at peace with herself. People now respect AND admire her.
People can change, but this change has to come from within. Only YOU have to decide when and how to take this step. How can you change? Here are some steps which have helped me to reflect on my own life:

- Why do you want to change?
- Is this change for you or for someone else?
- What are you hoping to achieve/accomplish in life?
- What makes you happy?
- Are you hanging out with the wrong crowd or people?
- What is holding you back from achieving your dreams?
- Do you have a vision board?

Vision boards are actually something which have really helped me focus on what I want and in essence help me see my end result.

 It really is never too late to change. See every day as a new beginning.

You alone are in charge of your own destiny.

Good luck :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment